Sometimes, reducing the symptoms of fibromyalgia is as easy as pie.
A lady came to see me for kinesiology in the clinic in Javea about a year ago, diagnosed with fibromyalgia by her Doctor. She had tender and achey joints all over her body and had digestive issues.
With the kinesiology food testing, I was able to detect that she was sensitive to wheat, dairy, refined sugar and eggs.
I balanced her large and small intestines and an area known as the ileo-cecal valve, which is next to the appendix on the right side of the abdomen using different methods of healing within the kinesiology approach.
She finished her session and took the supplements that she was tested for.
She made the dietary changes and within 2 weeks, she came to see me again and she had forgotten about the pain she once had!
It’s a funny thing really. I always make a note of how people feel to the best detail, and then with each session, there are improvements, and the client forgets how out of balance they once felt!
Symptoms of fibromyalgia
Body aches and pains throughout the body is the primary symptom of fibromyalgia, but there are some others too:
- Sleep disturbances
- Sensitivity to touch, light and sound
- Cognitive difficulties
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Cramping in lower abdomen
- Restless leg syndrome
No one really knows the true cause of why fibromyalgia affects so many people.
There does seem to be a theory that it is connected to overactive nerves. Perhaps the cause is due to high levels of substance P.
Without being too technical, substance P is naturally present throughout the nervous system and gastrointestinal tract (1) that causes the contraction of certain muscles and the dilation of blood vessels, and acts as a potent neurotransmitter especially in the transmission of signals from pain receptors.
Anthony William, Medical Medium, says that the root cause of fibromyalgia is the Epstein-Barr-Virus, which inflames the central nervous system and nerves throughout the body.
Epstein-Barr-Virus (2), is also known as mono, or the kissing disease. Most of humanity have this virus and oftentimes there are no symptoms, although the virus can stay inactive for many years in organs and glands of the body.
Poor diet, nutritional deficiencies, and increased stress can trigger the dormant Epstein-Barr-Virus to become active.
Natural solutions to decrease symptoms of fibromyalgia
1. Cayenne Pepper can block Substance P. The heat from cayenne can confuse the central nervous system which triggers the release of pain blockers. (3)
You will want to start with half a teaspoon in some water, mix thoroughly and drink. This should be done 3 x a day. Morning, afternoon and evening. It does not have to be taken with food.
Increase your dosage slowly from half a teaspoon up to 1 teaspoon.
2. If you suspect that Epstein Barr Virus is present, then you will need to do a heavy metal detox for 1 month. Check out method number 5 on the thyroid post I did Blood tests for thyroid function are not always accurate
Heavy metals are a food for the virus as well as other foods such as: corn, soy, canola oil, processed beet sugar, eggs, dairy, pork, processed foods, farmed fish, gluten, MSG (Monosodiumglutamate), artifical flavors, and artificial sweeteners.
3. Eat a diet with plenty of fresh, organic, ripe fruits and vegetables. Do not microwave as this is harmful. You are better eating it raw, steamed or baked without oil. It is a good idea to sprout any grains, or seeds, such as buckwheat.
If you need help with recipes, visit Equilibrium Recipes for ideas and inspiration. This is a place where I post all the recipes that I do.
4. Some supplements that can help reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
- Magnesium – will help improve sleep, needed for good bowel function, and it will help to decrease muscle soreness and pain. It helps to increase energy, and reduce anxiety and depression.
- Melatonin – will help improve sleep
- Zinc – necessary for many functions in the body, helps to improve mood
- Licorice root- energy booster as well as an anti-viral. It helps to reduce sugar and bad carbohydrate cravings. Do not use if your blood pressure is high!
- Bee pollen is another energy booster that contains a lot of B vitamins.
- Siberian ginseng, or rhodiola are both adaptogens, they help you to perceive stress much better, and will help you to cope with any stressful situation.
- Vitamin D3 – a deficiency is sometimes associated with chronic pain.
- CBD oil is known to help reduce pain.
5. Regular moderate exercise is helpful as this will increase your levels of circulation as well the hormones associated with improved mood such as serotinin and endorphins.
6. I would also recommend getting regular treatments to support the body.
Kinesiology will determine where the major imbalances are using muscle testing. A combination of healing modalities to correct imbalances will help address the organs, glands, muscles and every part of your body to function more optimally. Tools are given to continue the work to assist your body in creating positive changes to improve well-being.
Reflexology helps to improve circulation, levels of nerve and blood supply to congested areas.
Massage is also very good to have to increase well being, reduce anxiety, and to relieve tight muscles.
(1) Substance P. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/substance%20P
(2) Epstein-Barr-Virus https://www.cdc.gov/epstein-barr/about-ebv.html
(3) Cayenne pepper http://articles.herballegacy.com/fibromyalgia-2/